Sunday, June 29, 2008

Genealogy

Since my last journal entry, I have been spending pretty much all of my free time working on genealogy.  I have been able to find many ancestors that have alluded me for so long.  The biggest obstacle has been Henry Clay Benson who is my great-great grandfather.  I was never able to find any connection to his father for the longest time.  Last week, I was looking at one of the websites and finally found a source that had Samuel Styles Benson as his father.  This has opened up a world of names.  I have since found well over 100 new ancestors including Kings of England.  I already knew my mom was descended from King Edward I and others, but now I found out that my dad is also descended from King Edward I.  I have been adding all the known ancestors to a software called Legacy.  I am planning to go through wikipedia and work on the royal genealogy from there.

We went to Worlds of Fun yesterday and had lots of fun.  We decided to have David wear underwear.  This would be the first time that we had him wear underwear outside of the house.  He did not have any accidents, so it was a very good day.  Of course, success is not without its setbacks.  Today, he decided that he didn't want to use the potty most of the day and we had several accidents.  I do however think that we are making progress.

I decided to add one to-do to my daily tasks each day.  The sermon today was about giving ourselves to God.  I plan to say a prayer each day to give the day to God and let his will be done.  I can't worry about what will happen and I just need to trust that God will provide for me no matter what.

No comments: